+ The next Parish Picnic Volunteers Planning & Prepping Meeting will be held tonight at 6:30 p.m. in the Social Hall. Light refreshments and sweets will be provided.
+ Baskets are needed for the STVBS Parish Picnic raffle. Creative, exciting baskets of all kinds are welcome. Need a theme for your basket? Maybe these will help generate some ideas:
- Taste of the Tier: Gift certificates to locally owned restaurants. This could be themed by type (Italian, Asian, etc.) or product (bakeries, coffee shops, pizza parlors).
- Date Night: Sparkling wine, assorted chocolates, romantic movie DVD, Michael Bublé CD, string of tiny white lights.
- Fun in the Sun: Beach blanket, flip flops, sunglasses, sunscreen, paperback book, straw hat.
- Home Spa: Lush bath sheet, scented bubble bath, aromatherapy cream and body wash, loofah.
- Winter Nights: Brandy, cocoa, jigsaw puzzles, lightweight throw, pine-scented candle.
- Car safety: All the accessories a new car owner should have in the trunk: First Aid Kit, booster cables, can of flat tire fix, flashlight & batteries, aluminum blanket, safety vest, disabled car road marker, hand-crank radio, duct tape, etc.
- Basket of Calm: CD of nature sounds, assortment of herbal teas, sleep mask, lavender-scented candle, aromatherapy oil diffuser.
- Wake Up & Smell the Coffee: Set of handmade or inspirational quote coffee mugs, coffee filters, assortment of bagged coffees, flavored or specialty sugar.
- Finger Lakes Wine Tour: Selection of wines from different Finger Lakes with a set of wineglasses, chocolates, nuts, and crackers.
- It’s in the Cards: Assortment of all sorts of greeting cards, note cards, and a roll of Forever postage stamps.
If you’d like to donate, please pick up a basket info sheet on the Parish Picnic table in our vestibule (or just attach your name and description of the items in the basket to it). This will tell us exactly what’s in your basket. Please drop baskets off to our parish hall by July 23. If you’d rather just fund a basket, we’ll do the shopping! Please mail or drop off a check ($50-$100) to our rectory labeled “Basket Raffle.” Thanks in advance for your donations!